10 Day OFF Challenge— Day 6
Alright, I’ve been putting this one off for weeks. Let’s do this.
6. Expand the universe- design a Zone, characters, shape a new plot-
I brought it up a bit in the last entry, but I’ll iterate now that I am quite fascinated by the Apocalyptic Flashback near the end of the game. I had ideas for some pseudo-zones that could exist in the wasted world, as well as a few tenacious fellows to go on adventures and meet inevitably horrible ends.
I misplaced a good deal the sketches and notes I made, though, but I didn’t want to make an entry like this without some kind of visual. As such, I hereby present a rather scribbly rendition of the Valley Complex, a hastily built series of bunkers that ended up flooded with toxic smoke.
Day 1| Day 2| Day 3| Day 4| Day 5| Day 6
I can’t make an info dump on Angels because there’s too much I’d have to omit, but I will let it be known that every single joint in their body means precisely fuck all and remains perfectly useable when reversed or disconnected and thus watching them move around if they’re doing this can be hilariously confusing as best and fucking disturbing at worst.
It can also make melee combat with one a pain because it’s basically impossible to predict or calculate their movements.
So, I don’t know the story behind this character, but I know enough to say that this is one of the sweetest ideas I’ve seen in a humanoid angel.
See, I use my art to answer important questions. Questions like “how do I make this grass stain look like it was intentional?” or “What if Dedan had more teeth?”
I’m finally back home, so I again have free time and a scanner. This is just a shoddy phone picture I took on-the-go, but I have scribbles and 10-Day Challenge entries coming soon.
I’m on a trip.
Sorry I haven’t posted anything for a while. It will probably be a while more.
10 Day OFF Challenge— Day 5
5. Your most well-reasoned headcanon/theory that you have analyzed like a conspiracy theorist.
As a bit of a note, most of my OFF theories blend together, so I’m just throwing out the pieces in disorganized bullet points. The main point here is—
The apocalypse, as seen in the Room, was completely literal, but Hugo was too young to fully comprehend what was happening. The Queen and the Batter were made by Hugo in the image of how he remembered his parents to be.
- Vader Eloha’s appearance is rather vague. She is faceless and armless, but invokes a feminine figure, with her long hair, prominent hips, and floor-sweeping dress. This is because Hugo’s memories of her are equally vague, and he was raised by a single father. He hardly knew anything about his mother other than just the fact that she was his mother.
- "The Room" was a bunker— this was why Hugo’s father wouldn’t let him go outside. His father was not a horrible person, but came off as harsh and incomprehensible to his son, who was sheltered from the grim reality of their destroyed world.
- I cannot find the exact quote, but I recall Mortis Ghost saying that the Batter doesn’t really change into the monstrous creature from the end. They’re both the Batter, as seen from different perspectives.
- Hugo is a child, and children tend to not understand moral grayness. This is why the Batter, whom he created, is both a man, trying to make the world pure, and a monster, trying to destroy the world, depending on where you are in relation to him.
- The last act of Hugo’s father was an attempt to smother Hugo in his sleep, so that he wouldn’t die before his son and leave him alone. He failed on both counts. The Batter has this same motivation, even if he doesn’t know why; he wants to kill Hugo, and absolutely nothing else.
Day 1| Day 2| Day 3| Day 4| Day 5
sableye… a very spooky pokemon…..
Y’all are getting a Mega evolution, my children! No-one will ever laugh at me for calling you “the best pokemon” ever again.
I especially love that this one looks a good bit distorted and ethereal. It immediately strikes me as being a Ghost-Type.
im still laughing at the fact that dedan just rips open his coat in a fit of rage like right before you fight him
This is the first piece of OFF fanart I ever saw.
This is what convinced me to check out the game.
(I coil around you like a snake, my whispers hoarse, as if from a long period of screaming.)
You like Sableye, right? Sableye is your favorite too, right?
(I slither into your ear, nestling into the folds of your brain. I am hype.)
10 Day OFF Challenge— Day 4